Steamboats provided passenger
and excursion services on the lake for more than 70 years.
guests at the hotels, taking vacationers back and forth to recreation
spots around the lake.
The first boat was brought to the lake from the Susquehanna River in 1860 by enterprising hotel owner James W. Rhoads.
In their heyday between 1900 and 1920, there were as many as 6 boats operating on the lake. The last boat built specifically for use on Harvey's Lake was the Acoma at the Picnic Grounds above.